Impinj EU upper frequency band product release.
The EU regulatory changes allow RAIN RFID operation in the unlicensed 915 – 921 MHz “upper” frequency band. The new regulations will allow RAIN RFID device operation in three channels at 916.3 MHz, 917.5 MHz, and 918.7 MHz center frequencies with 400KHz bandwidth using 4 W e.r.p. (38.15 dBm EIRP) radiated power.
The Impinj reader and gateways developed for the EU upper band will take advantage of increased power (4W vs 2W) and bandwidth (400kHz versus 200kHz) to expand read range and coverage area at twice the speed. Build powerful RAIN solutions using easy-to-use application development tools on the industry’s most-reliable and trusted readers.
Improve solution performance
- Read tags fast
- Expose hard-to-read tags in RF-unfriendly environments
Reduce infrastructure cost
- Meet solution requirements with fewer readers
- Simplify global deployments
The Impinj three new connectivity devices supporting EU upper band operation are available with the following SKUs:
• Impinj Speedway 4-Port fixed reader (IPJ-REV-R420-EU22M1)
• Impinj xSpan gateway (IPJ-REV-R660-EU21M1)
• Impinj xArray gateway (IPJ-REV-R680EU21M1)