The new Impinj E910 RAIN RFID reader chip expands the capabilities of enterprise IoT readers and enables longer distance and higher density tag reading.
Impinj is pleased to announce the E910 RAIN RFID reader chip, an extension to the E-family of reader chips introduced a year ago. Since then, more than 100 new products have been developed and/or marketed using it.
The E910, E710, E510 and E310 RAIN RFID reader chips are powerful, low-power system-on-chips (SoCs) that meet the increasing demand for item-level visibility in retail, supply chain and logistics, as well as other markets. With industry-leading system integration and user-friendly development tools, E-series reader chips accelerate the development of IoT devices that reliably identify, locate and authenticate connected things.
The Impinj E910 RAIN RFID reader chip sets a new performance benchmark for the Impinj E family of reader chips and is designed for the next generation of enterprise readers.
The E910 reader chip can quickly and reliably detect and authenticate a wide range of objects connected to the Internet of Things; such as clothing, pallets, airline luggage and car parts. The Impinj E910 reader chip delivers the industry-leading performance, low power consumption and ease of use required for loss prevention, inventory management and supply chain automation solutions.
"The Impinj E910 reader chip will shepard in a new era of RAIN RFID applications that connect trillions of everyday objects," said Chris Diorio, co-founder and CEO of Impinj. "The E910 is the most integrated, easy-to-use and sensitive reader chip on the market today, unlocking RAIN RFID applications in retail, supply chain and logistics, automotive, aviation and countless other market segments and opportunities."
New Performance Benchmark
With the highest receive sensitivity, -94 dBm, of any reader chip currently available, the Impinj E910 reader chip enables manufacturers to meet the speed and distance requirements of demanding RAIN RFID applications, such as fast-moving conveyor belts and high racking warehouse racks.
- Accelerated development of IoT devices and faster time to market
- The high-performance E910, available to selected Impinj partners, is an extension to the existing E-family of Impinj chips, which consists of the E710, E510 and E310. Together, these chips offer improvements over the previous generation, including:
- Up to 80% smaller RAIN RFID system designs, ideal for small, next-generation readers and IoT devices.
- 50% lower chip power consumption, supporting battery-powered, low-power readers and IoT devices.
- Software- and pin-compatible designs for easy performance upgrades and design reuse between E-family chips.
User-friendly developer tools and a new reader reference design enable Impinj partners to accelerate new reader innovation. The reference design includes comprehensive documentation and technical drawings that help IoT device manufacturers maximise the capabilities of the E910 reader chip in their readers while accelerating time to market.